Wednesday 12 October 2011

Perfecting procrastination

As the title of this blog suggest this week I have mostly been being very busy thinking about all of the things I could be doing if only I didn't have quite so many things to think about. I have had some really good chats with family and friends, even caught up with Cindy, who lives in the USA but 14 hours drive away, and who I've know since before I had the boys.  I have also failed to have the good chats I want to have with other friends, I will rectify this in the next few days though.

The weekend was also wonderfully lazy, Jim and I just pottered about for the most part, but we did make a start on the wind-chimes, well Jim did the work and I supervised with little bits of artistic direction, although truth be told the best ideas were mostly his. I can't bring myself to take a picture of the whole thing until it's finished, but have captured the essence I think.
The two topmost tiers are made up of three copper pipes and Jim found two lovely stones on the river bank when we picnicked last week which we're going to use as the dongers.  The pipes still need to be drilled before we can hang them properly but just to see what it will look like we've tied them on with string, I love the look of the string with the rock so much that that's how they will be hung.
There's still some debate about the second tier, we're thinking it will be a combination of sawn up curtain rails and shells, but the third tier is comprised of three darker metal pipes and the copper donger above.
This thin slice of tree branch, and another like it, will hang from the stones (already mentioned) so the wind can catch it and make them bong all the louder...

...and this pretty dangler will do the same for the bottom most set of chimes which are 5 white metal bars arranged in a circle.  Well I'm thinking that perhaps I've only really manged to capture the essence for me as I already know what I'm talking about but I'm sure it'll all make sense when I show you the finished piece (don't hold your breath though because I really am beginning to get the hang of the whole procrastinating thing)

We found the pretty red heart in a shop called Hobby Lobby ( a sort of Hobbycraft with bells on) and whilst we were there I happened upon this...
now if you happen to glance at the clock and notice it's two in the afternoon you can imagine me looking like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards, I still can't work out how my hair manages to stick out at 90 degrees when I wake up but wont keep curls in it for 5 minutes, and I'll be drinking Chai tea from this very mug. The redness really cheers me up almost as much as the cake and pudding he's carrying, although I have a suspicion that glaze that red isn't something that ought to be eaten from, vague memories from Branksome China,but maybe it's OK on the outside of a cup, who knows?

Whilst I'm in the showing you stuff I've bought that I don't really need mood feast your eyes on these needless fripperies.
OK we all know that I am not very likely at all to be using a bag made of sparkles with a bright blue satin strap but we can't be absolutely certain that a need for it wont arise, likewise with the pussycat bag, but they were all dangling from a rail in the goodwill shop and I do need somewhere to plonk all the cards and whatnot that apparently one has to take everywhere here and having to remember to wear things with pockets can be a bugger, besides who'd not want a bag with a manky white cat, sitting on a purple cushion, surrounded by sequins on the front.

One bit of news(ish) is that I've been mucking about on a photo site that has competitions and the like to enter, it's not really the sort of site where I fit as I don't have many overblown or crowd pleasing photos and the majority of competitions are voted on by other members and I haven't been doing the social thing that I think needs to be done to be in the in crowd, but anyway one of mine won a judge's favourite award, which really pleased me. In that vein I've been thinking about getting into drawing, Geo's already been really helpful and I've found some chalk pastels and already done a drawing of the washing on the line, but nothing good enough to share, still I have enough time on my hands and maybe with a bit of practice?
This is just a "for the sake of it picture" Jim found this lens in the dirt at work and i love the way it turns the world on its head, I guess it kind of shows how my insides feel sometimes when I aren't busying myself with thinking and mindless nonsense.

Well I put the laundry out to dry this morning and Jim's just got home and had to park on the grass because I've hung it all around the car port and the sky looks like this...
so I'm thinking I'd best get it in before the promised thunder storm arrives.

Speak to you soon and miss you billions x




No comments:

Post a Comment